Link Builders Share Advanced Link Building Operators
As an SEO, it’s important to know about advanced search operators. Some people say that it’s just an easy way to find what you’re looking for, but I think it more than that. I’ll share my link building strategies that involve search operators for link building. First we need to know the basic search operators in order to know the advanced ones.
Basic Search Operators:
Search Operators for Blog Commenting:
- “keyword” site:.gov inurl:blog "post a comment"
- “keyword” site:.edu inurl:blog "post a comment"
- “keyword” "This blog uses premium CommentLuv"
- “keyword” "Notify me of follow-up comments?"
- “keyword” "add to this list" site:squidoo.com
Using these advanced search operators you’ll be able to find blogs related to your industry where you can leave your comment and a link. You can find .edu, .gov, commentluv enabled blogs, Squidoo lenses, hubpages and do follow comment blogs to drop off some links through blog commenting.
Search Operators for Guest Blogging:
- “keyword” guest writer
- “keyword” guest blog post writer
- “keyword” submit content
- “keyword” submit article
- “keyword” submit post
- “keyword” submit blog post
- “keyword” add article
- “keyword” add blog post
- “keyword” add content
- “keyword” guest blogger wanted
These advanced search operators are for searching websites that offers guest blogging opportunities. Guest blogging is one of the best way to build links as it’s not only for increasing your website rank through search engine authority but can also play a major role in generating leads. Search engines prefer article links from informative content and give more credit to the over time.
Search Operators for Directory & Resource Listing
- “keyword” directory
- “keyword” * directory
- directory * “keyword”
- intitle:directory "keyword"
- inurl:directory "keyword"
- "list of “keyword” sites"
- "list * “keyword” sites"
- "list * “keyword” * sites"
- "recommended links" “keyword"
- "recommended sites" keyword"
- "favorite links" keyword"
- "favorite sites" keyword"
Search Operators for Forum Posting
- “Keyword” forum
- "keyword forum"
- intitle:”keyword” forum
- inurl:”keyword” forum
Forum posting is one way to build links and these advanced search operators are really helpful when search for niche forums. I haven’t been using these for some time now but I think this still works.
Al Gregorios, Content Manager for Project Assistant with Business in a Box solutions, enjoys discovering and sharing business strategies for online marketing, CRM, project management, mobile marketing and technical publications.